WELCOME TO NNCA.ORG
Happy 108th Birthday Navy Nurse Corps
May 13, 2016
San Diego, CA
April 26-30, 2017
NNCA Website Tours are now available on this Home Page, please click on the link for an introduction to both the Public Page and the Dues ePay Tour. Login to view Website Tour on the Publications Page.
Greetings from the NNCA President
Happy Spring Everyone! According to Punxsutawney Phil, we are going to have an early one. How fitting as we head to Newport for our Homecoming Reunion. For three of us, this will be our last board meeting. JoAnn Smith, Dan Wasneechak, and I will roll off of the Board after our annual membership meeting in May. I have had an awesome experience and I am looking forward to staying involved with NNCA activities as we continue to move towards being “recognized as the preferred organization for promoting the Navy Nurse Corps legacy through camaraderie, mentorship, and historical preservation.” Thanks to all NNCA members, chapters, and national committees for all that you do to help us realize this vision. Read more . . . .
Sandra Bibb, President
Who We Are….
Established in 1987, the Navy Nurse Corps Association is a non-profit, national organization dedicated to bringing Navy Nurses together. We are an association for caring and sharing, where what matters most is not rank, but being, or having been, a Navy Nurse. Any Navy Nurse Corps Officer, whether Active Duty, Reserves, Retired, or Honorably Discharged, may join the NNCA.
- Our Mission — Learn about the NNCA’s mandate
- History — The history of the Navy Nurse Corps
- Navy Nurse Corps Newsletter May 2016
- Join or Renew your membership Online
- Download Application
- See if there is a NNCA chapter close to you!
- WMANNCA Scholarship Programs 2016
- Annual Membership Meeting Survey. The NNCA board of directors wants to maximize attendance at the annual membership meeting. Typically it is held on a Saturday. Please provide your input by completing this survey.
- NNCA Website Survey. In an effort to improve our website to meet your needs please provide your input by completing this short survey.
- 2018 NNCA Reunion “Back to Sea”. Hosted by the Northwest Chapter of the NNCA. More Information
- 2016 NNCA Awards Recipients. Read More
- Military Nursing Books – An annotated bibliography of books written by military nurses while serving in wartime, Ellen K. Duvall, member at large, NNCA.
- Nurse Veterans Wanted for a Research Study. Researchers from Madigan Army Medical Center are seeking former military nurses, with deployment experience in a theater of war, to participate. For more information click Research Study.
- NNCA 2015 Reunion Photo Album — The NNCA 2015 Reunion Album is now available on NNCA.org. To view the album click on the flickr icon on the home page and then click on Albums.
Author Commander Frances Omori, honors these unsung heroes of the Korean War through stories, photographs, historical documents, and the words of grateful patients. She provides a memorable mosaic of the navy nurses’ healing compassion amid the brutality of war. Click here for more information.
In 1991, Kay Thompson Baxter’s adult children asked her to write her memoir. They wanted to know more about their mother’s life growing up on a farm in the Piedmont region of North Carolina and her experiences as a United States Navy Nurse during World War II. Click here for more information.