WELCOME TO NNCA.ORG
Online and mail in registration now available
San Diego, CA
April 26-30, 2017
- Annual Membership Meeting Survey. The NNCA board of directors wants to maximize attendance at the annual membership meeting. Typically it is held on a Saturday. Please provide your input by completing this survey.
- NNCA Website Survey. In an effort to improve our website to meet your needs please provide your input by completing this short survey.
NNCA Website Tours are now available on this Home Page, please click on the link for an introduction to both the Public Page and the Dues ePay Tour. Login to view Website Tour on the Publications Page.
Greetings from the NNCA President
Hello from the Sunshine State! I am sitting outside by the pool, watching Olivia, our 2 year old boxer, and max, our 2 year old Lab-Beagle mix, chase down the geckos and lap up the sun. I would like to send a gargantuan BRAVO ZULU to Sandra Bibb, our immediate past President. As we all hoped and desired, Sandra navigated us through a tremendous year of success and toward a very bright future for NNCA. There were so many glowing comments at our General Meeting regarding the clarity and depth on each of the past year’s major accomplishments, and the plan to tackle issues of the future. The National Association and all of the Chapters celebrated significant achievements over the past year and Sandra generously rendered “kudos” to the 2015 Board, all Chapters, and individuals who stood out within their Chapters.
Additionally, I would like to recognize and thank Board members JoAnn Smith and Dan Wasneechak for their service over the past three years. A hearty welcome to our new members, Lissa Barker, Al Shimkus and Pam Giza. Our 2-day Board meeting gave everyone he opportunity to engage in lively discussions and to offer suggestions for new opportunities over the next year. Read more . . . .
Robin McKenzie, President
Who We Are….
Established in 1987, the Navy Nurse Corps Association is a non-profit, national organization dedicated to bringing Navy Nurses together. We are an association for caring and sharing, where what matters most is not rank, but being, or having been, a Navy Nurse. Any Navy Nurse Corps Officer, whether Active Duty, Reserves, Retired, or Honorably Discharged, may join the NNCA.
- Our Mission — Learn about the NNCA’s mandate
- History — The history of the Navy Nurse Corps
- Navy Nurse Corps Newsletter May 2016
- Join or Renew your membership Online
- Download Application
- See if there is a NNCA chapter close to you!
- WMANNCA Scholarship Programs 2016
- FNNCA Scholarship Programs – Scholarships of $1500 are being offered to undergraduate nursing students and/or Registered Nurses in an accredited baccalaureate degree in nursing program or for students who are pursuing a graduate degree in nursing. Recipients of scholarships will be selected by the Florida Navy Nurse Corps Association Scholarship Committee. The award will go directly to the recipient. We will award 2 scholarships in this category for 2016. Application deadline November 16, 2016. CLICK HERE to download Application
- Virtual Museum Help – Are you having trouble finding items in the Virtual Museum? Click Here to download a “Key Word” list that will help you find items quicker.
- Oral History Project – Oral History Project transcripts are now available on the Publications Page of the Members site. There are a total of 43 transcripts available for your reading. Log in to Members Site and click on Publications. You will see an Icon for Oral History Project. You can search All transcripts or Individually by name. A Help button is also available. Log In
- NNCA is now a Supportive Associate with The DAISY Foundation. DAISY was created to celebrate nurses who provide extraordinary compassionate and skillful care. Read More….
- 2018 NNCA Reunion “Back to Sea”. Hosted by the Northwest Chapter of the NNCA. More Information….
- 2016 NNCA Awards Recipients. Read More….
- Military Nursing Books – An annotated bibliography of books written by military nurses while serving in wartime, Ellen K. Duvall, member at large, NNCA.
- Nurse Veterans Wanted for a Research Study. Researchers from Madigan Army Medical Center are seeking former military nurses, with deployment experience in a theater of war, to participate. For more information click Research Study.
- NNCA 2015 Reunion Photo Album — The NNCA 2015 Reunion Album is now available on NNCA.org. To view the album click on the flickr icon on the home page and then click on Albums.
Author Commander Frances Omori, honors these unsung heroes of the Korean War through stories, photographs, historical documents, and the words of grateful patients. She provides a memorable mosaic of the navy nurses’ healing compassion amid the brutality of war. Click here for more information.
In 1991, Kay Thompson Baxter’s adult children asked her to write her memoir. They wanted to know more about their mother’s life growing up on a farm in the Piedmont region of North Carolina and her experiences as a United States Navy Nurse during World War II. Click here for more information.