WELCOME TO NNCA.ORG
Online and mail in registration now available
San Diego, CA
April 26-30, 2017
- Annual Membership Meeting Survey. The NNCA board of directors wants to maximize attendance at the annual membership meeting. Typically it is held on a Saturday. Please provide your input by completing this survey.
- NNCA Website Survey. In an effort to improve our website to meet your needs please provide your input by completing this short survey.
- Updated & Improved Publications page. Please login at Members Login and take a look at the updated Publications Page. New additions include information and downloadable forms for the Oral History and Memorabilia projects.
NNCA Website Tours are now available on this Home Page, please click on the link for an introduction to both the Public Page and the Dues ePay Tour. Login to view Website Tour on the Publications Page.
Greetings from the NNCA President
Greetings to all.
Have you ever wondered what you might have done if you were not in the Navy Nurse Corps? I find myself reminiscing every now and then and wonder how different my life would be without you…Navy Nurses and Navy Medicine.
Becoming a nurse was never anything but my career choice. After all, Cherry Ames and Clara Barton were heroines whose adventures I fell in love with. The idea of joining the military did not become an ”Ah Ha” moment until graduation at West Virginia Wesleyan College.
At that time, I was pretty certain I would marry the local gas station attendant (he was pretty darn cute), or the Captain of the Football Team at Bridgeport High School. He was even cuter. I was also certain I would have a dozen children just like my mom and live in tiny little Bridgeport until I died. Read more
Robin McKenzie, President
Who We Are….
Established in 1987, the Navy Nurse Corps Association is a non-profit, national organization dedicated to bringing Navy Nurses together. We are an association for caring and sharing, where what matters most is not rank, but being, or having been, a Navy Nurse. Any Navy Nurse Corps Officer, whether Active Duty, Reserves, Retired, or Honorably Discharged, may join the NNCA.
- Our Mission — Learn about the NNCA’s mandate
- History — The history of the Navy Nurse Corps
- Navy Nurse Corps Newsletter Jan-Feb 2017
- Join or Renew your membership Online
- Download Application
- See if there is a NNCA chapter close to you!
- WMANNCA Scholarship Programs 2017- Need Money For Graduate School? 2017 Graduate Degree Nursing Scholarship Opportunity! Three WMANNCA Chapter Nursing Scholarships will be offered to three Navy Nurses, active duty (non DUINS), reserve component, retired or former Navy Nurses, to continue their studies for an advanced graduate degree in Nursing. A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to each winner. The applicant must live or work in the WMANNCA AOR (Maryland, Northern Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware or the District of Columbia. Deadline for submission is April 1, 2017! CLICK HERE to Download the guidelines and application materials
- FNNCA Scholarship Programs – Scholarships of $1500 are being offered to undergraduate nursing students and/or Registered Nurses in an accredited baccalaureate degree in nursing program or for students who are pursuing a graduate degree in nursing. Recipients of scholarships will be selected by the Florida Navy Nurse Corps Association Scholarship Committee. The award will go directly to the recipient. We will award 2 scholarships in this category for 2016. Application deadline November 16, 2016. CLICK HERE to download Application
- 2018 NNCA Reunion “Back to Sea”. Hosted by the Northwest Chapter of the NNCA. More Information….
- 2018 NNCA Reunion Cruise “Back to Sea” Planning Survey. Please complete the attached survey if you are considering attending the “Back to Sea” Reunion. The Northwest Chapter requests this information for planning purposes. Click here for Survey
- Virtual Museum Help – Are you having trouble finding items in the Virtual Museum? Click Here to download a “Key Word” list that will help you find items quicker.
- Oral History Project – Oral History Project transcripts are now available on the Publications Page of the Members site. There are a total of 43 transcripts available for your reading. Log in to Members Site and click on Publications. You will see an Icon for Oral History Project. You can search All transcripts or Individually by name. A Help button is also available. Log In
- NNCA is now a Supportive Associate with The DAISY Foundation. DAISY was created to celebrate nurses who provide extraordinary compassionate and skillful care. Read More….
- 2016 NNCA Awards Recipients. Read More….
- Military Nursing Books – An annotated bibliography of books written by military nurses while serving in wartime, Ellen K. Duvall, member at large, NNCA.
- Nurse Veterans Wanted for a Research Study. Researchers from Madigan Army Medical Center are seeking former military nurses, with deployment experience in a theater of war, to participate. For more information click Research Study.
- NNCA 2015 Reunion Photo Album — The NNCA 2015 Reunion Album is now available on NNCA.org. To view the album click on the flickr icon on the home page and then click on Albums.
Author Commander Frances Omori, honors these unsung heroes of the Korean War through stories, photographs, historical documents, and the words of grateful patients. She provides a memorable mosaic of the navy nurses’ healing compassion amid the brutality of war. Click here for more information.
In 1991, Kay Thompson Baxter’s adult children asked her to write her memoir. They wanted to know more about their mother’s life growing up on a farm in the Piedmont region of North Carolina and her experiences as a United States Navy Nurse during World War II. Click here for more information.