Washington Metro Area Navy Nurse Corps Association
Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and the District of Columbia
WMANNCA was established July 31, 1990. Seven members serve on the Board of Directors. Each Board member serves for two years. Elections are held annually with 3-4 Board members being replaced every year.
To promote a social, professional, and support network that encourages identity with current, retired, and former Navy nurses. WMANNCA will support the art and science of Nursing and promote it as a professional career choice. WMANNCA also supports the purposes of NNCA, our parent organization.
Projects and Engagement
- Committed to supporting a variety of active duty and veteran focused activities such as Operation Welcome Home Maryland, a group of volunteers who greet returning service personnel at BWI and the Honor Flight program that welcomes aging veterans visiting Washington, D.C.
- Active involvement in “Wreaths Across America,” a project that ensures wreaths are laid each December at the graves in military cemeteries.
- Support other veteran focused non-profit organizations in the local area of interest to our membership.
- Co-sponsor DAISY awards with NNCA for nursing excellence through the DAISY Foundation at Alexander T. Augusta Military Medical Center.
- Three (3), $1,500 nursing scholarships are awarded each year. Applicants must be current or former Navy nurses living or working in MD, VA, WV, PA, NJ, DE, or DC. These scholarships are open to active duty, non DUINS, reserve component, retired or former Navy Nurses to continue their studies for a graduate degree in Nursing.
NNCA is a national membership organization. Members of this national organization may or may not be affiliated with a Chapter, but all Chapter members must be members of the national organization.
Membership is open to all Navy nurses (active duty, active reserve, retired, and retired reserve, and former active and reserve nurses with an honorable discharge) living or working in Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and the District of Columbia.
In order to join a NNCA Chapter, you must also be a member of the national NNCA.Become a National NNCA Member
WMANNCA dues are $15.00 Annually
WMANNCA 2024 Scholarships! The Washington Metro Area Navy Nurse Corps Association Is Back With Scholarship Money to Give! If you are a current or former Navy Nurse living or working in the area served by WMANNCA; (MD, VA, WV, PA, NJ, DE, or DC) apply for one of the three available $1500 scholarships. These scholarships are open to active duty (non-DUINS), reserve component, retired or former Navy Nurses to continue their studies for a graduate degree in Nursing. Application deadline: Monday, 01 March 2024. Download the guidelines and application materials here:
- Guidelines for 2024 WMANNCA Scholarship Submission
- WMANNCA 2024 Advanced Degree Scholarship Application