New England Navy Nurse Corps Association
Six New England states (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, & Vermont) and New York
The New England chapter was established in May 1995.
To foster friendship among current, former, retired Active and Reserve officers of the USN Nurse Corps. We promote and support social activities involving the membership; identify needs of the association members and support the parent organization NNCA by helping to gather and preserve historic nursing memorabilia of the Navy Nurse Corps.
Projects and Engagement
- Luncheon meetings are held yearly, in the fall and spring. In addition, the Board of Directors meets between two and four times a year.
- Newsletters are published and distributed in the fall and spring.
- Scholarships are awarded annually to qualified nursing students, and registered nurses, to assist them with their studies in a either baccalaureate or graduate degree program in nursing. The amount of the award varies between $500.00- $1,000.00 which goes directly to the recipient.
- NENNCA partnered with Wreaths Across America (WAA) in 2021. This partnership supports our scholarship program while also supporting WAA. The web address for the NENNCA sponsorship page is www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/NENNCA, or use link on NNCA.org. The wreath sponsorship defaults to Rhode Island Veterans Cemetery and there is also a drop-down if you would like to choose a different cemetery. Please share this link with your family, friends and neighbors.
- DAISY Foundation awards – Active in providing funds to support the quarterly awards given to the nurses at the Navy Medicine Readiness and Training Command New England (NMRTC NE). Consideration is being given to other nursing agencies in the community.
- Oral History – With the use of a camcorder, the Chapter supports the Oral History Project to capture the experiences of nurses who wish to share their stories. We are always looking for more to participate in this program.
- Members are involved in other community projects including women’s, veterans’, military and retiree group events, and charities.
NNCA is a national membership organization. Members of this national organization may or may not be affiliated with a Chapter, but all Chapter members must be members of the national organization.
Membership is open to all Navy nurses (active duty, active reserve, retired, and retired reserve, and former active and reserve nurses with an honorable discharge) living or working in six New England states (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, & Vermont) and New York
In order to join a NNCA Chapter, you must also be a member of the national NNCA.Become a National NNCA Member
NENNCA dues are $15.00 Annually
The New England Navy Nurse Corps Association (NENNCA) awards annual scholarships:
- To deserving nursing students and registered nurses to help continue their studies for a baccalaureate or graduate degree in nursing.