Land Locked Navy Nurse Corps Association (LLNNCA)
Our chapter was established in 1999, when a group of Navy Nurses in and around Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, and Nebraska gathered to plan a celebration for the 1999 Navy Nurse Corps Birthday. Their mission was to search out and find Navy nurses interested in socializing and reconnecting with colleagues. It was always the intent of this group to seek chapter status in the national organization.
In November 2006 the group’s President, Dorothy Ryan, sent invitations to over 100 Navy nurses, inviting them to celebrate Veteran’s Day 2006 at a luncheon in Golden, Colorado. Seventeen nurses attended and voted unanimously to pursue chapter status. LLNNCA was approved as the 12th chapter of NNCA in May 2007.
Membership: There are 47 paid chapter and national members.
Meetings: Membership meetings and luncheons occur in May and November at alternate locations to provide the greatest opportunity for all to attend.
Chapter Dues: Membership dues are $15 annually.
Newsletter: The chapter publishes 3 newsletters per year.
- Foster friendship, affinity, rapport and collegiality among former, retired, active, and reserve Navy Nurse Corps officers.
- Promote and support social activities of the chapter in a friendly and congenial environment.
- Identify the needs of the membership and take action as appropriate and feasible.
- Support the purposes of the Navy Nurse Corps Association.
- Collect and preserve the military history of our Navy Nurse colleagues, through the recording of their oral histories.
Contact this Chapter: At email@example.com or:
4224 East 126th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241